Complaints Procedure for Notarial Practice
COMPLAINTS - NOTARIAL PRACTICE
My aim is to give you an excellent service but if there any problems, please let me know and I will try and resolve any issues that you may have. However, please see the notes below if we are unable to resolve the issue between ourselves.
1. My notarial practice is regulated by the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury:
The Faculty Office
1, The Sanctuary
Telephone 020 7222 5381
2. If you are dissatisfied about the service you have received please do not hesitate to contact me.
3. If we are unable to resolve the matter you may then complain to the Notaries Society of which I am a member, who have a Complaints Procedure which is approved by the Faculty Office. This procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute.
4. In that case please write (but do not enclose any original documents) with full details of your complaint to :‑
The Secretary of The Notaries Society
Old Church Chambers
23 Sandhill Road
Northampton. NN5 5LH
Tel : 01604 758908
If you have any difficulty in making a complaint in writing please do not hesitate to call the Notaries Society/the Faculty Office for assistance.
5. Finally, even if you have your complaint considered under the Notaries Society Approved Complaints Procedure, you may at the end of that procedure, or after a period of 6 months from the date you first notified me that you were dissatisfied, make your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman*, if you are not happy with the result:
P 0 Box 6806
Wolverhampton. WV1 9WJ
Tel: 0300 555 0333
6. If you decide to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman you must refer your matter to the
Legal Ombudsman :‑
Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and
Six years from the date of act/omission; or
Three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint (only if the act or omission took place more than six years ago)
The act or omission, or when you should have reasonably known there was cause for complaint, must have been after 5th October 2010.
*certain kinds of commercial entities are not eligible to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman - please refer to the Legal Ombudsman Scheme Rules or consult the Faculty Office.